Holiday Check List For Vehicles
With many people opting for UK holidays or travel by car to France and other accessible countries by car. It is important to ensure that you make a few checks to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
- Fluid Levels – Ensure your screen wash, oil, coolant, water and air are all at the required level and there is no leaks or anything blocked. Engine oil levels should be as per the vehicle handbook.
- Tyre Pressure – Incorrect tyre pressures on your vehicle can affect both the vehicles performance and safety. In addition, they can also impact fuel consumption as well as tyre wear and safety. If you are unsure of the correct tyre pressures for your vehicle, you can find them on your driver door or fuel cap. When on a road trip vehicles are often laden with more luggage, roof boxes etc, therefore it is important to take this into account when checking the pressure.
- Tread Depth – The tread depth of your tyres should be checked including the spare wheel before travel. A minimum of 3mm of tread should be on each tyre otherwise performance maybe. compromised by any lower tread.
- Tyre Damage – Check for any damage on your tyres, including tears, bulges, cracks, nails or nicks. Objects stuck in your tyres can lead to a puncture or even a blow out therefore this is very important to check before leaving on your journey.
- Finally, look out for any warning lights on the dash, check your headlights are all working correctly on low and full beam.
Tyres checks, if in doubt regarding your tyres before going on your journey, call into our tyre dealership in Durham and get them checked out.
Overall we want our customers to be safe on their holiday and have a wonderful time.
Keep informed of all our latest news
If you would like to keep informed of all our latest news and promotions, please join our Facebook Page.